Saturday, 23 January 2010

Yummy Lies For Breakfast


I often ask myself why things turn out the way they do. Sometimes I'm given an answer. Other times I make up answers. A question turned up in my Political Philosophy paper. It asked me if it was okay for governments to lie to its people. I asked why not? We lie to our government all the time and they even let us lie at our own discretion where the law is silent. If governments of the state are created to mobilize the human condition of living well, then why should we be allowed to lie to the government and not vice versa? Logically speaking, if a government needs to lie (and the lie will and must always be for the good of the state), then by all means, LIE. Power is tricky; especially when the trickiness keeps you in power.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...