Tuesday, 16 February 2010

The Temptations



Temptations, like little brothers, are a terrible pain to deal with when they are screaming at your face. So what do you do when you want something but you know you really shouldn't seek? I usually keep it simple and just lie -to myself, to the person next to me, to whoever it takes to make that guilty pleasure seem almost un-guilty. Take for instance when I see a pretty lonely flower standing tall and I feel the sudden uncontrollable urge to pluck it and stick it in my hair. Nevermind me killing it -it would be wonderful for the flower to make friends with my head of hair... Well, not really. But I feel really good about myself afterwards. What a good girl I've been and I probably deserve a slice of pie for it too.


Scientists, as usual, prefer using complicated theories and experiments to study the human willpower with results usually as mind-numbing as beer is to Homer Simpson. Scientific experiment procedures must surely be a part of Satan's exclusive top 10 tips for torture, seeing that premeditated human suffering fits in so well with the idea of hell. That said, come watch children suffer in this psychological experiment. How much marshmallow willpower have you got?


Oh, The Temptation from Steve V on Vimeo.

Watching children work so hard for a second marshmallow is very amusing. Of course, it helped that most of the children's faces looked like chewy marshmallows too. You agree, no? Okay, thats all. Have fun fighting today's temptations guys.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...