Thursday, 10 November 2011

Veni Vidi Vici

     
Conquer is an incredible word. It makes me feel like I can do anything. Like say, play Battlefield like a proper gaming addict. Or complete back to back covert tactical operations school assignments. Or willingly give up my last Red Bull to an evidently weaker being. Or raise my trembling clammy hand in class to correct an esteemed professor. Or rummage through the paper recycling bin looking for a newspaper with an undone sudoku like a regular hobo. Or make a mess eating icecream at -10 Degrees Celsius. Or go for weeks without talking to my family. You know, brave stuff like that.


It's a wonder how I still have friends. But aside from regularly embarrassing my company, let's just say that I have just enough heroism to get me by each day; enough to make me feel smug by the time I tuck myself back into bed. Perhaps our apocalyptic war with the devil happens on a daily basis. And every day we make it back with our minds still intact is to be our triumph.

   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...